Leadership Training & Dinner with the Bishop

Tuesday was another full day that started with a leadership training session led by Jim Kinder and John Russell at the United Methodist University in Abidjan. While most of us attended the training session Larry Crawley and Jeff Trauthwein headed down to Gnangoussou to see the well and see what supplies were needed to finish the plumbing work that will happen on Friday. We ended the day with a wonderful dinner at Bishop Boni's house.

Tomorrow we will head toYamoussoukro to visit the largest Catholic church in the world and meet with the District Superintendent of Yamoussoukro. After leaving Yamoussoukro we will head to Jacqueville where we will be staying while working and ministering in Gnangoussou. We aren't sure what access we will have to internet while there, but we will try to keep you updated as much as possible.

We can't wait to see what God has in store for us as we head to Gnangoussou and share the Gospel! Thank you for your prayers!

Airplanes, Worship & Long Dirt Roads

We left Mobile around 1:20 p.m. on Friday and landed safely in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire on Saturday around 9:00 p.m. local time. After approximately 28 hours of traveling, we were all very excited to have reached our destination!

Africa Mission Team getting ready to board the plane in Mobile.

Sunday morning we split into groups of three or four and went to various churches in the city. The first group was dropped off at a small church, then a medium church for the second group, and a large church for group three. Each experience was a little different for everyone, but the overall consensus when we all came together again on the bus was that worship was AMAZING!!!

Children's Choir at Trinite Methodiste Church

Pastor John Russell serving communion

Dan Roach was a hit with the children

Monday we had the opportunity to visit a remote village that has directly benefitted from our support via the Imagine No Malaria project which provides mosquito nets to people in malaria-stricken areas of the world. It took about two hours to get to the village via VERY bumpy, narrow "roads." Children from the village's UMC Sunday School greeted us with singing and dancing as we arrived. People came from many different villages to share their gratitude for the mosquito nets and share the stories of how they have helped fight malaria. We took a tour of the village and played a game of catch with the children before heading back to the city.

The "road" to the village

Dancers welcoming us to the village

People from all around came to welcome us and show their gratitude for the mosquito nets

Larry Crawley was a huge hit with the children as we walked around the village

The kids love to have their picture taken

God has blessed us with amazing experiences so far and we are excited for what He has in store for us in the coming days. We thank you for the continued prayers!