Non-Member Wedding Request Form
CHURCH POLICY CONCERNING WEDDINGS FOR NON-MEMBERS
Christ United Methodist Church welcomes the opportunity to make your wedding ceremony a beautiful and meaningful occasion. The sanctuary is available to members and friends in the community who wish to make this special event in their lives a service of worship.
- The sanctuary is available for a fee of $500 to non-members. The sanctuary is available 4 hours prior the day of the wedding for set-up. Non-members are not permitted to have receptions on campus.
- A Wedding Director will be available to answer questions prior to weddings and will oversee all decorating activities. The fee for the Wedding Director is $ $250 The Wedding Director is required because the facilities must be opened, secured and supervised by a representative of Christ United Methodist.
- There is a Custodian’s fee of $100.
- The Pastor’s fee is $250. This is due at the time the other fees are paid.
- The attached form and ALL fees must be returned and paid in full to secure the date you have chosen.
- Any damages to the facilities or furnishings during a wedding are the responsibility of the bride and/or the bride’s family. Chancel furnishing and Parlor furniture (altar, pulpits, chairs, tables) may NOT be moved. The finish of all furnishings must be protected. Transparent tape and/or ribbon may be used to secure decorations. Mechanical candles ONLY are allowed. NO flowers are allowed on the Communion Table. NO photography (still or video) is allowed in the altar area during the service.
- The throwing of birdseed is NOT allowed inside the facilities. The throwing of rice is NOT allowed at all.
- Food and drink are NOT allowed in the sanctuary, parlor or Bride’s room.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the facilities. Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on campus (including the parking lots).
- The audio system is required at a fee of $75 for the wedding service.
- The Church organist is available for weddings conducted in the sanctuary at a fee of $ 200 There is an additional fee of $25 for each soloist the organist accompanies. (if you have three (3) soloists, there would be an additional fee of $75 for the organist). This is in addition to the fee charged by the soloist.
- A nursery is available at a fee of $50 for the first ninety (90) minutes and $15 for each additional hour. CUMC will provide two (2) qualified nursery workers who are familiar with policy and procedure for this fee.